[blindlaw] SSI payments

Mark BurningHawk stone_troll at sbcglobal.net
Thu Feb 26 20:40:36 UTC 2009

Problems with this:  I was born blind, and thus was blind at the time
of taking out the loans, going through college, etc.  I am, however,
losing my hearing, and have incurred such hearing loss that my ability
to work is severely impacted.  Upon obtaining the forms to cancel my
loan, I discovered that I not only had to fill out this form, but in
three years, I will be assessed again to see whether in fact I have
made substantial monetary gain in that time.  Essentially, I have to
stay out of work for three years, and I am hoping to find work
*SOMEWHERE*.  Also, since I now no longer have health insurance, I
can't afford the doctor visit to get the form signed that states that
I have a disability that substantially impairs my ability to work...