[blindlaw] SSI payments

T. Joseph Carter carter.tjoseph at gmail.com
Fri Feb 27 03:35:16 UTC 2009

And what if the recipient of the loan has no family and gets hit by a
bus tomorrow?  What do you garnish then?

If they don't get a job, then they don't.  If SSI allows them to sit
on SSI collecting subsistence-level money without ever contributing
anything to society, that can and should be fixed--but not by
allowing garnishment of SSI.

Joseph