[blindlaw] Fw:AccommodationandComplianceseries:TheADAAmendmentsAct of 2008

Ross Doerr rumpole at roadrunner.com
Sun Jan 4 20:40:38 UTC 2009

Martial aart truly has been around for several thousand years. But it never
was, and is still not intended to be applied to individuals with a
disability as an aid or remedial skill for that disability.
It does not translate into anything related to a mobility aid, be it dog or
cane.
Mark, I was in martial arts for many, many years both during and after I
went blind. I find it to be great exercise and good self disciplin. It is an
ancient and excellent form of fighting and self defense.
But it truly has no place for consideration in either mobility or in the
definition of "disability" under any law.
IT is a philosophy that is part physical and part disciplin.

You're