[blindlaw] Clerks as Drivers

Keith Vick keith-vick at msn.com
Tue Jul 28 01:57:44 UTC 2009

Hi Rob,

Congratulations on seeking judicial clerkships.  I am envious.  I've always
liked the judges who taught my classes.  Something tells me that most judges
wouldn't let the ability to drive affect their decision.  Since I have no
judicial clerkship experience, I am limited on the advice I can give you.

But one thing I can do is put forth a proposition: discrimination the blind
(in hiring) is actually quite legal.  If this proposition turns out to be
true, it may have bearing on the ultimate answer to your question.

Being legally blind and unable to drive myself, I don't like the above
proposition - but unfortunately I believe it is a true, if incomplete,
statement.

Well, I wish you the very best and hope you get exactly the clerkship you
want.

Warmest regards,

Keith Vick