[blindlaw] ramifications of receiving Target settlement checkfor SSI recipients

ckrugman at sbcglobal.net ckrugman at sbcglobal.net
Fri Jun 12 02:25:46 UTC 2009

what is usually done when people who are on SSI receive settlements or
inheritances special needs trust accounts are set up and the money from a
settlement is placed in to the account. As the funds in the account are
administered by a third party or family member and the SSI recipient does
not have control over the actual money it can't be considered an asset or
resource for determination of income for SSI purposes.
Chuck