[blindlaw] Request for laptop during essay section denied

Angie Matney angie.matney at gmail.com
Sun Jun 14 19:18:31 UTC 2009

For those who are lucky enough to be able to use a laptop on the essays, I
have a thought. If I am ultimately granted this accommodation, I expect the
Board will ask me to wipe my computer clean. I believe that, instead of
gutting my computer (and then worrying that I have inadvertently left
something on there that shouldn't be there), I am going to buy a second
netbook for use on the bar. A netbook costs around $400. I might buy one
just like the one I am using now. I can always sell it at a discount after
I'm done. (Then again, I might keep it and turn it into a linux
machine...but that''s a topic of discussion for another list.) Current
netbooks comply with the technical requirements that Virginia has for
laptops. Also, the batter ycan last for an entire day of testing without
needing to be recharged.

This is not exactly the cheapest solution, but I believe it's what I will do
it I need a clean computer.

Angie