[blindlaw] Request for laptop during essay section denied

John joramsey at cox.net
Tue Jun 16 06:53:54 UTC 2009

Hello Scott,
I don't want to sound like some kind of censor, but I think that the recent
thread is a fine example of why the law students took the initiative to
create their own list some time ago. Unfortunately the same law student
specific threads have found their way back onto this list and it seems like
all we really ever end up talking about is the LSAT or whether or not the
States will allow a laptop to take the essay portion of the bar.
I honestly can say that I never had an issue with LSAC and in my experience
if you adequately state your accommodation needs they are pretty good about
providing reasonable accommodations. I did have my share of grief with the
Florida Board of Bar Examiners, but they too made reasonable accommodations.
That being said, it is rather tiring to listen to the same old threads about
the LSAT. That is just my opinion and I do know that I have the option to
unsubscribe.
Thanks,
John

John A. Ramsey Jr., Esq.