[blindlaw] LSAT Time limit

Stephanie Enyart stephanie_enyart at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 2 04:53:47 UTC 2009

Hi Bill,
I used TestMasters to prepare for the LSAT. I bought an individual tutoring
package. I felt they were friendly to blindness issues and know other blind
people who have used them for preparation.

Generally, blind people can get double time as an accommodation for the
LSAT. A separate testing room, accessible clock/watch, and an amanuensis to
complete the scantron sheet are also regularly approved accommodations for
LSAT test takers who are blind. I also know one recent test taker who was
able to take part of the test (which was all she/he asked for) on a computer
equipped with Jaws. This person had to advocate for this accommodation but
was successful in getting it for a test within the past year. As for the
logic games section blind people ask for either a tactile drawing kit, a
magnetic board with several sets of accessible magnetic letters or for those
with low vision, some sort of large paper and markers or use of a CCTV to
map out the games.

Other accommodations blind/low vision people have received include:
- use of a Braille note taking device
- eye rest breaks
- control of the lighting (including bringing your own lamps)
- access to water
- a human reader
- a Braille test
- enlarged scantron
- large print test
- use of a computer with Jaws and/or zoom text for the writing section

Good luck with your test preparation!
Stephanie Enyart