[blindlaw] Why the Authors Guild Is Off-Base About the Kindle 2

Rovig, Lorraine LRovig at nfb.org
Mon Mar 2 22:04:32 UTC 2009

FYI... Two well-reasoned blogs.  1. FW: Canadian copyright lawyer
deplores Kindle 2 move by Amazon and authors; and

 2. Why the Authors Guild Is Off-Base About the Kindle 2

________________________________

1.

Sent: Monday, March 02, 2009 11:24 AM
Subject: Canadian copyright lawyer deplores Kindle 2 move by Amazon and
authors

>From a Google Alert:

EXCESS COPYRIGHT: Amazon Caves on Kindle
<http://excesscopyright.blogspot.com/2009/03/amazon-caves-on-kindle.html

By Howard Knopf
This is tough luck for the blind, for all consumers and for innovative
technology. Amazon owes a better explanation. There may be a "Kindle
Swindle" underway here - but it's the public interest that appears to be
the most obvious victim ...
EXCESS COPYRIGHT - http://excesscopyright.blogspot.com/
<http://excesscopyright.blogspot.com/>

URL to Canadian copyright lawyer's blog:

http://excesscopyright.blogspot.com/search?updated-min=2009-01-01T00%3A0
0%3A00-05%3A00&updated-max=2010-01-01T00%3A00%3A00-05%3A00&max-results=4
3

2.

NOTE: The author of this blog is the CEO of Thomas Nelson Publishing,
one of the top book publishers in the US.