[blindlaw] independent contractor?

Mike Gilmore m_b_gilmore at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 9 16:32:07 UTC 2009

I am a member of a listserv for contract attorneys.  Most of the e-mails from that listserv concern document review; however, I read one the other day about licensed attorneys working as independent contractors. (Examples of this would be taking a deposition for another attorney or doing legal research for another attorney or handling a court case for an attorney who needs the help.)

Anyway, I was wondering if any of you out there in D.C. or Northern Virginia have done independent contractor work.  That option appeals to me. (Taking depositions appeals to me but I don't know how familiar one would need to be with the case or if one just asks the questions the attorney supplies to him.)

Thanks in advance for your help.

Mike