[blindlaw] Fw: Any information is appreciated.

ckrugman at sbcglobal.net ckrugman at sbcglobal.net
Fri Mar 13 05:16:53 UTC 2009

In most counties there are legal aid programs that will assist low income
people with family court matters. this party can also contact the county bar
association. In California in the larger counties the county bar
associations maintain a lawyer referral service where for a fee of about $30
here in Fresno County a person can get a consultation with a lawyer
specializing in that particular area of law. After the consultation the
party can negotiate arrangements with the lawyer if they are able to take a
particular case. Unless a person has specialized training in law it is not
recommended that a person represent themselves in a serious family matter
such as abuse allegations and child custody. This is much different than
something that is uncontested where there is essentially no dispute in
question. While I do not specialize in working with family matters you can
contact me off list for general information and I can research referrals for
these resources.
Chuck Krugman, M.S.W., Paralegal
1237 P Street
Fresno ca 93721