[blindlaw] College textbooks question

James Pepper b75205 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 15:47:47 UTC 2009

Colleges are required to have all access specifically in the Rehabilitation
Act of 1973 and all of their federal money that they have received since
1973 acts as a lein against their assets requiring them to comply with the
Act. This also includes all money in Federal Student Loans, Presidential
Librairies, Grants, etc.  They are extremely exposed by this law and so they
should be providing alternative means for you to access content.  If they
are not, they would have to figure out how to operate without all of the
assets since 1973.  You might want to look into this law.

They actually wrote a whole section of the law just for post secondary
schools and they have been on the hook for this since 1973.  Also they are
required to do this in employment and in access to educational materials, so
always check to see if they have done this in their employment division.

James Pepper