[blindlaw] nfb v. target

Rod Alcidonis roddj12 at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 14 04:24:11 UTC 2009

Steve:

If you are not an attorney or a law student, we may be arguing and
understanding different concepts here. "Damage" is a legal concept, and if
not used in that sense can certainly lead to ridiculous understanding. A
damage award allows a plaintiff to be compensated for the harm caused by the
defendant. Damages take various forms: physical harm, emotional harm, loss
wages, etc. Here as Scott said, the legislature has decided to make such
civil rights violations compensable as damages. It is a legal recognition
that a harm was caused, and it was caused to the plaintiff. The harm here
was violations of federal and State civil rights.
I hope that helps.

Rod Alcidonis
Juris Doctor Candidate, 2009.
Roger Williams University School of Law