[blindlaw] tenBroek Law Symposium--Still Time to Register

Frye, Dan DFrye at nfb.org
Mon Mar 30 18:37:50 UTC 2009

Fred:

I appreciate your constructive suggestion for expanding the reach of the
tenBroek Law Symposium, and I will pass your feedback along to event
organizers. In this instance I have only been asked to convey the
announcement to this list; I have not been directly involved with event
logistics. While I cannot speak with any authority on this subject, I
would doubt that Web-casting the symposium at this stage can or will be
managed. Please know that if you were available to attend, I am
confident that provision could be made for your lodging without regard
to your organizational affiliation. I wouldn't "be at a loss" if I were
you about no plans for Web-casting the event; it's either not being done
because all the good ideas didn't originate with the bright but human
event organizers or a conscious decision to encourage in-person
participation was made. I am certain that the decision about Web-casting
(whatever it was) was not an oversight calculated to offend, cause
consternation or outrage, or leave people "at a loss." Obviously not
everybody will be able to attend--we just want people to know that the
welcome mat is extended if your life's circumstances allow for you to
take the time and spend the money to do so.

Dan Frye