[blindlaw] Ideas please- to show support

Mehgan Sidhu ms at browngold.com
Tue Mar 31 21:50:25 UTC 2009

The Coalition is adding a "Take Action" section to the ReadingRights.org website that suggests several ways you can show support regardless of where you live.  Those steps include:

(1) Writing letters to the members of the Board of the Authors Guild and major publishers (contact information will be posted);

(2) Sending statements to us about what text-to-speech and equal access to books means to you that we can post on the website and use in the campaign;

(3) Uploading videos to YouTube that show how and why you use text-to-speech to read (and letting us know about your video so we can link to it from the website);

(4) Encouraging friends and family members, colleagues, and everyone you know to get involved by coming to the protests, writing letters to authors, and / or sending us statements;

We need everyone's help - regardless of whether you can make it to the protest - to ensure that the right to equal access to books does not slip out of reach at the foolhardy insistence of the Authors Guild.

Mehgan Sidhu
Brown, Goldstein & Levy, LLP
120 East Baltimore Street, Suite 1700
Baltimore, Maryland 21202
410-962-1030 x1324
410-385-0869 (fax)
ms at browngold.com
www.browngold.com

Confidentiality Notice

This e-mail may contain confidential information that may also be legally privileged and that is intended only for the use of the addressee(s) named above.  If you are not the intended recipient or an authorized agent of the recipient, please be advised that any dissemination or copying of this e-mail, or taking of any action in reliance on the information contained herein, is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify me immediately by use of the reply button, and then delete the e-mail from your system.  Thank you!