[blindlaw] Word varification

ckrugman at sbcglobal.net ckrugman at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 20 07:06:05 UTC 2009

Unfortunately, there are at times discrepancies in what is heard on the
alternative and what appears on the screen. On some sites the audio quality
of the alternative is garbled to create an item that appears similar to what
is on the screen in an audio form as the text of the word verification on
the screen is not always that clear. The whole issue of word verification or
captcha does not comply with web accessibility guidelines and needs to
addressed either from a legislative standpoint or through litigation to
resolve this issue.
Chuck