[blindlaw] LSAT Prep Materials

Scott C. LaBarre slabarre at labarrelaw.com
Wed May 20 15:18:48 UTC 2009

Interestingly enough, prior to passage of the ADA, it was quite common for
blind law school applicants to receive waivers from taking the LSAT.  I got
a waiver from Yale, Harvard, Stanford, Berkley, and Minnesota at the time I
was applying to law schools in late 89 and into 90.  Almost all the other
blind folks of which I was aware during that period got waivers from law
schools.  The law schools understood that for a variety of reasons, the LSAt
did not accurately predict how well a blind person would do in law school.
In fact, a study conducted some time in the 90's reflected the fact that
blind law students did better than their LSAT scores would have predicted.
Scott C. LaBarre, Esq.

LaBarre Law Offices P.C.
1660 South Albion Street, Ste. 918
Denver, Colorado 80222
303 504-5979 (voice)
303 757-3640 (fax)
slabarre at labarrelaw.com (e-mail)
www.labarrelaw.com (website)

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This message may contain confidential and privileged
information. If you are not the designated recipient, you may not read,
copy, distribute or retain this message. If you received this message in
error, please notify the sender at 303) 504-5979 or slabarre at labarrelaw.com,
and destroy and delete it from your system. This message and any attachments
are covered by the Electronic
Communications Privacy Act, 18 U.S.C. §§ 2510-2521.