[blindlaw] outlining methods

Darlene Olsen darlene.olsen at gmail.com
Sun Nov 1 01:02:14 UTC 2009

Greetings J in Oregon,

     I am also a first year student.  I lost my vision approximately 2 years
ago.  I want to learn to read braille and study law.  I typically feel that
it is much like inventing the wheel.  I suppose that if Lady Justice can
walk around blind folded with the scales of justice and a sword; I can trot
around with a white cane and a victor stream reader.  I have never felt more
passionate about anything in my life until I learned the law and the useful
tool it is for everyone.  I felt a feeling of peace and comfort in knowing
that there are other people that feel the same way and can relate to me as
some withthe absence of sight and not without vision.
   Good Luck to you.
     Incidentally, I have a study buddy that was deployed to Afganistan and
intend to do my best to help this wonderful soldier.

Respectfully,
Darlene
    I used to be a paralegal so this could give me an edge over the otherlaw
students  Furthermore, I would note that the faculty and students are
terrific and I hold the highest respect for the effort they place in the
assignment and respect for each other.  s.  .