[blindlaw] outlining methods

Dennis Clark dennisgclark at sbcglobal.net
Tue Nov 3 00:20:24 UTC 2009

Hi Jay,
I assume you are creating your outlines using a screen reader and Word or
Kurzweil or equivalent.  I found that the most effective numbering system
for me was A. B. C. and so on.  The next layer would be A.1.  The next layer
A.1.1. and so on.  I could then immediately see at the left hand margin how
many layers deep I was for that item.  This also easily enables you to go
back and add additional sub layers as your outline evolves.  Also, when you
discover that you need an additional highest level layer between A and B for
example, then the inserted layer can be AA and so on.

Which law school are you attending?
Best,
Dennis