[blindlaw] Issues in attending court proceedings alone as blindattorney?

Ford, Tim (CDPH-OLS) Tim.Ford at cdph.ca.gov
Mon Nov 23 16:00:35 UTC 2009

If you will be going to court hearings by yourself, at a minimum I
suggest you have a laptop with scanning software, and take one of those
very little flatbed scanners.  I think they are only about $60 or less,
and they work fine.  The one I have, which is actually several years
old, works strictly off of the USB cord, so you do not need to find a
power plug.  The unit is only an inch think, and weighs a pound or less.
It is great for the situations you describe.