[blindlaw] Penfriend Labeling device

Angie Matney angie.matney at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 05:04:48 UTC 2009

To clarify, I don't think it reads actual bar codes. You have to use the
labels that come with the machine. They are small and round. The person
demonstrating it told me they did not have visible bar codes on them.

One person who was looking at it at the same time I was had decreased
sensitivity in her fingers. She could not feel the label to find it. You do
have to touch the pen to the label to get a reading. It was suggested that
she put the label on a card and attach the card with a rubber band to the
item she wanted to label.

The machine also does not have a headphone jack for private listening.

Having said all that, I can see how it could be useful in an office.

Angie