[blindlaw] question about social security income

Kate Thegreat shamaniclivin1281 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 16 14:36:47 UTC 2009

I'm helping a friend sell her store inventory online as she is out of business. I am making 15% on whatever I sell. So far I haven't made much because so far the only thing I've sold is a few books. Does anyone, from a legal standpoint, know what I'd have to do in order to prove to the SSA that I'm not actually making the full amount that is coming into my bank account in this kind of situation. You see, when the book sells, I collect a paypal payment and then take 15% out and give the rest to my friend. She is no longer in business, she went bankrupt, so she can't even claim to be any particular business owner. So how will the SSA know what's actually going on. I'm sure they won't just take my word for it nor my friend's word. If anyone has any insights to offer, please let me know. Thanks.