[blindlaw] Signing Documents as blind attorneys

Susan Kelly Susan.Kelly at pima.gov
Wed Oct 21 19:43:49 UTC 2009

One of my co-workers is quadriplegic.  It took a major amount of doing,
but a rubber stamp was finally approved.  Our office had to file a
"jurat" with both the superior court and the appellate court to certify
that the stamp was her signature.  At the same time, however, our judges
routinely stamp orders, rather than individually signing them.  As with
my co-worker's stamp, it is not a replication of the individual's
signature, but rather a typeface/print stamp of the name.  All in all, I
suppose the legality of the stamp may depend on the jurisdiction.