[blindlaw] Jury duty

ckrugman at sbcglobal.net ckrugman at sbcglobal.net
Mon Oct 26 22:51:26 UTC 2009

You can delay or postpone your summons for up to a year so if you need to
delay it until you can get there you will be able to do so. Your information
about blind people sitting on juries is outdated. Blind people can and do
serve on juries. When I was called for jury duty I was going to be seated as
an alternate on a wrongful death medical malpractice case and was dismissed
not because of my being blind but because the defense attorney representing
the doctor charged wanted to know the names of attorneys that I had worked
for. As they were either plaintiff attorneys or criminal defense attorneys
he felt that I would have a bias in favor of the plaintiff. Of course, this
is the actual scenario that I expected would happen and I told this to
another prospective juror that I was waiting with. I hope this still helps
as I am just getting caught up on emails as I was at California NFB
convention this week end. Contact me off list if you need to about this.
Chuck Krugman, M.S.W., Paralegal
1237 P Street
Fresno ca 93721
559-266-9237