[blindlaw] FW: Weekly DHS Update -- Statement by Secretary Napolitano on the 8th Anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001 Terrorist Attacks

Othman, Ronza Ronza.Othman at dhs.gov
Fri Sep 11 21:36:46 UTC 2009

________________________________

From: civil.liberties at dhs.gov
Sent: Friday, September 11, 2009 5:25 PM
To: Othman, Ronza
Subject: Weekly DHS Update -- Statement by Secretary Napolitano on the
8th Anniversary of the Sept. 11, 2001 Terrorist Attacks

STATEMENT BY SECRETARY NAPOLITANO ON THE EIGHTH ANNIVERSARY OF THE
SEPTEMBER 11, 2001, TERRORIST ATTACKS

"On the eighth anniversary of the terrorist attacks of September 11, our
nation pauses to remember a day of sorrow and tragedy, but also a day of
heroism and unity. Eight years later, threats to the United States and
our allies abroad are persistent and evolving. Homeland security remains
a responsibility shared by every individual, community and business.
Together, we must build a culture of resiliency and guard against
complacency, so we are better prepared for terrorist attacks or
disasters of any kind. The President has proclaimed September 11 as a
day of remembrance, and also a day of service. By serving our
communities and our country today and throughout the year, we
commemorate our past while also preparing for our future."