[blindlaw] Municipal and Legislative Proposals

WB mruniverse08 at gmail.com
Sun Sep 13 23:23:22 UTC 2009

Thanks Tim.  I just shot you an e-mail.

William

-----Original Message-----
From: blindlaw-bounces at nfbnet.org [mailto:blindlaw-bounces at nfbnet.org] On
Behalf Of Tim Shaw
Sent: Sunday, September 13, 2009 5:02 PM
To: blindlaw at nfbnet.org
Subject: Re: [blindlaw] Municipal and Legislative Proposals

Wlliam, its Tim, email me at my work email. There is a group doing a basic
advocacy training a week fro Monday, the 21st. One of the things covered
will be dealing with elected officials. You could talk your VR Counselor
into paying for transportation to the training if you needed. It will be
here in the Houston area. If you email me at my work email I can forward you
the information on the training and how to contact the group about the
training.

Tim timothy.shaw at dars.state.tx.us

> From: mruniverse08 at gmail.com
> To: blindlaw at nfbnet.org
> Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 14:00:29 -0500
> Subject: [blindlaw] Municipal and Legislative Proposals
>
> Does anyone in the list have experience with approaching their local
and/or
> state legislature with proposals to improve various issue points (i.e.
> accessible crosswalks)? I have done some research but want to ask those
who
> may have experience in this for their suggestions as to approach and
> resources.
>

> Thanks for any help.
>

> William

http://www.nfbnet.org/mailman/options/blindlaw_nfbnet.org/timandvickie%40hot