[blindlaw] Paralegal Job Interview

WB mruniverse08 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 19 21:19:41 UTC 2009

Good afternoon all!

For awhile, I've placed posts on the list seeking out suggestions on how to
get back into the legal field as a paralegal after losing my sight nearly
two years ago.

Since Thursday evening, I have heard from three different firms.  One
interview is Monday evening, the second is Tuesday afternoon and the third
has not been scheduled yet.

I'm a bit nervous, not with my skill set, but in overcoming the thoughts by
some that blind people cannot work adequately.  I do not wish to start a
conversation about philosophical matters, but rather if any of you would
have suggestions as to how to make these interviews be more effective.

I will focus primarily on my skills and knowledge.  I will, at the time of
my interview, face head on the issue of blindness.  My thought was to take
my laptop with me to showcase just how I would be able to perform work since
most don't know of screen readers, etc.  This is just a thought of mine.  If
any of you have better suggestions, please do share.this is my first foray
since losing my sight and could use the assistance.

Thanks!

William