[blindlaw] firstlawjob.com?

Mike Gilmore m_b_gilmore at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 24 15:02:27 UTC 2009

I was on Craig's List yesterday looking for legal employment for lawyers in the northern Virginia/D.C. area.
I came across a posting from a web site called firstlawjob.com. I checked out the site and both it and the Craig's List posting say that you apply to the company and they contact firms and other entities on your behalf. (One of their recruiters interview you via telephone to see what fields you're interested in.)
Unfortunately, it costs $199 for a six-month period to have this agency work on your behalf. Right now, it's $89 to sign up.

Has anyone heard of this site? Has anyone used this web site to obtain employment? Has anyone obtained employment using this web site? Is it a scam and should I be leary because of the fee and it being on Craig's List? Of course, companies have to make money somehow. I just can't help but think that it could be a Craig's List scam.

Thanks.

Mike