[blindlaw] Question About SSA Representation

WB mruniverse08 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 23:48:09 UTC 2009

I agree with Ray.  You do not need an attorney.  Since blindness is one of
the easier disabilities to prove, then I would suggest filing the initial
application on your own.  This will allow you to be able to keep all of your
back pay benefits, should there be any, rather than paying the 25% to an
attorney.

Filing the initial application is the easiest step and does not require the
use of an attorney or representative.