[blindlaw] Career Advice

Michael Fry mikefry79 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 25 01:06:07 UTC 2009

Ditto on Angie's comments from me, Joe.  In my humble opinion law school
goes an inch deep and a mile long.  Law school will teach you to be a jack
of many legal specialties but a master of none.  Law school alone will
almost certainly not make you more expert at your grant-writing specialty
without coupling that knowledge with hands on experience.  Based on my
experience (which is not much) it's my opinion that in the aggregate over
time there's a 51% chance (i.e. just barely more likely than not) that a law
degree will not pay off monetarily because you already have a strong skill
set that pays you well.
Mike