[blindlaw] Volunteer opportunity for disability / school law attorney - Ref#24614188

Nightingale, Noel Noel.Nightingale at ed.gov
Fri Sep 25 15:45:01 UTC 2009

Volunteer opportunities

-----Original Message-----
From: sender at lists.bigtent.com [mailto:sender at lists.bigtent.com] On Behalf Of Anonymous
Sent: Thursday, September 24, 2009 4:00 PM
To: MAMAS Mother Attorneys Mentoring Assoc. of Seattle General Discussion
Subject: [mamas_general] Volunteer opportunity for disability / school law attorney - Ref#24614188

Anonymous posted:

A colleague whose son has severe diabetes has passed this along to me.  If you're interested, I'll put you in touch with him.

"The American Diabetes Association is looking for attorney volunteers to help parents if they have issues at school with their diabetic child.  They offer training in D.C. and also offer scholarships to pay for the trip/hotel.  It is very good ADA training and you also get on a mailing list for a large variety of ADA related case law and issues. Very educational and good for networking.  Referrals for Washington State for actual school issues tend to be very low and it usually is just a meeting with the School superintendent to "educate" them on the Federal and State law."

View and comment online: http://www.bigtent.com/group/forum/message/24614188?md=MTE3OTgzMDM=
HINT: When replying by email, please do not include the original message.