[blindlaw] Businesses owned by Minors

Aziza C daydreamingncolor at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 23:24:51 UTC 2009

Hi everyone,
I was wondering if there were any laws preventing minors from owning
companies/businesses. A friend of mine, aged seventeen, is hoping to
start his own record label; so I pulled up a business plan, and an
outline of what licences need to be filed for and all that fun stuff.
My question is can he be a holder of a business and or retail licence
at his current age?

Thank you.
Aziza Cano
California Association of Blind Students Secretary
Young Energetic Students Supporting Independence, NFBC Channel Islands
Chapter President
Tack-Tiles Registered Sales Representative