[blindlaw] High-Volume OCR

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Sun Sep 27 21:42:20 UTC 2009

Some people are mixing up apples and oranges, so to say.  There are
two issues, the scanner, and the OCR software.  The scanner takes a
picture of a document, and the software processes that picture
turning it into words.  Given a fast computer with lots of memory,
the thing that makes the most difference is the scanner.  You can get
a slow one for $100, but a really fast industrial-strength one will
be thousands of dollars.

Dave