[blindlaw] ADA and Discovery

John Ramsey joramsey at cox.net
Mon Apr 5 09:48:13 UTC 2010

I thought my dilemma was made clear, however, Mrs. Clark's reply caused me
to clarify. The discovery here in Florida is now "electronic" due to the
legislature mandating that all State Offices go paperless. Also, Florida has
one of the most "open" discovery laws in the nation and we do not as Mrs.
Clark alleges "try to hide things" as a general matter because that would be
grounds for sanctions under our discover rules and also constitute grounds
for appeal.
To return to the original topic, the PDF files are inaccessible to JAWS and
are also not readily identifiable by name. If I am following Mrs. Clark's
thinking, any blind person who has been licensed to practice law is not
qualified to practice law if they do not have a full time reader. This is
just my personal opinion, but wasn't that the same logic that prompted the
congress to enact the ADA in the first place?
Cordially,
John

John A. Ramsey Jr., P.A.

P.O. Box 6063

Gainesville, FL 32627

Phone: (352) 505-6642

Fax: (352) 240-6453

This communication contains information that may be confidential and/or
legally privileged. It is intended only for the use of the individual or
entity to which it is addressed. If you have received this communication in
error, please call us at (352) 505-6642 and destroy any associated printed
materials and delete the electronic material from any computer. Please be
aware that any unauthorized disclosure, use or publication of this
communication or the information it contains may result in criminal and/or
civil liability. Due to this message being transmitted over the Internet,
John Ramsey cannot assure that the messages are secure.  If you are
uncomfortable with such risks, you may decide not to use email to
communicate with John Ramsey.  Please contact us immediately at (352)
505-6642 if you decide not to use email.  You must also be aware that email
messages may be delayed or undelivered through circumstances beyond our
control.  Thank you.