[blindlaw] questions about paper files

Susan Kelly Susan.Kelly at pima.gov
Mon Apr 12 02:19:40 UTC 2010

Our office (public defender) fortunately keeps both electronic and paper files on all clients.  The biggest problems that I run into are filing in the paper file (I still have some sight, though not much, leading staff to assume I can do it), nad prosecutors handing me new documents in court for use that minute (again, others relying too much on the fact I have minimal sight).  Instances like that probably should be handled by an assistant / reader...although in the office, the e-files are fantastic.  The fact that everyone has them also is of great help, in case I need to cover a case for a co-worker.