[blindlaw] Stevens Retirement

Rob Tabor rob.tabor at sbcglobal.net
Tue Apr 13 23:20:20 UTC 2010

Great posting, Mike. As a nation we continue to flert with the dangers of
demographics and identity politics which has, in some cases, compromised
judgment in selecting judicial nominees for the right reasons, e.g.,
judicial temprament, legal scholarship, and other hallmarks of
professionalism. The same danger exist, too, in elective politics and the
appointment of high level executive officials. David Patterson, who
succeeded Elliott Spitzer as governor of New York after he had to resign in
the aftermath of a personal scandal, certainly did not distinguish himself
as an effective executive manager or leader. There is talk he may not even
run for a term in his own right. Sorry, but Governor Patterson was not
exactly the poster boy for successful blind executives. Ass for Judge Tatel,
he may well do better in that regard, but I hope the process can stay
focused on the aforementioned necessary attributes.
best regards
Rob Tabor