[blindlaw] Introduction

Jordan Richardson lilrichie411 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 18:46:50 UTC 2010

Hello all,

My name is Jordan Richardson and I am currently a freshman at the
University of Minnesota, Twin Cities majoring in political science and
planning to minor in philosophy.

After my undergraduate degree I plan to attend law school specializing
in Constitutional law.  My plan is to practice law and then become a
judge.

I actually have some questions regarding blind judges:

What non-visual techniques would a blind judge use on the bench during
a trial? How would one deal with looking at evidence?  Would the
bailiff describe/read any pictures/texts, or would you simply have
each attorney be descriptive?

Thank you,
Jordan Richardson
2nd Vice President, Minnesota Association of Blind Students

lilrichie411 at gmail.com
“It is very important to generate a good attitude, a good heart, as
much as possible. From this, happiness in both the short term and the
long term for both yourself and others will come.”
--Dalai Lama