[blindlaw] 2011 Jacobus tenBroek Disability Law Symposium

Susan Kelly Susan.Kelly at pima.gov
Tue Aug 3 22:39:51 UTC 2010

I can only speak for myself and other public agency attorneys whose
office funding sources are extremely tight, but here goes:

In our office, like many other government agencies at least in Arizona,
only in-state seminars which directly touch on our area of practice or
are required by the State Bar yearly CLE quota rules are reimbursed.
This includes travel costs and the ability to use work time, as opposed
to personal time (unpaid) or vacation time (limited).  I would therefore
have to pay the entire cost, from registration through travel expenses,
and be required to utilize vacation time.  As a public attorney, I can
neither truly afford that nor expect my family to forego vacation time
because of the fact that the seminar is across the country from here.
Nevertheless, I am interested in the subject matter and would love to
somehow participate, even if it is simply through the webinar format.
Advance notice does nothing to help the time / expense issue, which
could be greatly reduced by the use of modern technology.

Just my two cents worth....