[blindlaw] Law School Experiences

Susan Kelly Susan.Kelly at pima.gov
Wed Aug 11 20:13:38 UTC 2010

Just a follow-up on the computer research stuff, that law professors
might not know to tell you about - as far as Westlaw, I have found the
text -only version to be much easier to use with my magnification
/narration software, through "on the job" experience.  (I was only
highly myopic in law school, just began losing vision altogether in the
last 2 years).  It is a pretty basic site, but there is a new program on
the horizon for which I participated in a test evaluation ("Next").  It
is even easier to use with adaptive equipment.  If your school has
access to it, you will be very pleasantly surprised.  It does still have
glitches, but they have a team dedicated to listening to users of all
varieties of adaptive equipment and modifying the product to meet their
needs and concerns.