[blindlaw] lawyers in intellectual property

Johnston withat at msn.com
Mon Aug 30 16:45:11 UTC 2010

Hi Jorge,

Lewis & Clark Law School in Portland has a fantastic IP certificate program.
I am a 2L there, and couldn't be happier.  They have bent over backward to
provide any accommodation that I could imagine and need.

This is the webpage describing the IP certificate program:
http://www.lclark.edu/law/programs/intellectual_property_law/

The school's phone number is 503-768-6600.

As for classes, a *patent* attorney needs to have a scientific or
engineering degree.  This is not required of lawyers doing trademark or
copyright law.  Interestingly, a person doesn't even need to be a lawyer to
file patents: this is called a patent agent.

Good luck!

Jay in Portland