[blindlaw] Note

Patti Gregory-Chang pattichang at att.net
Sat Dec 25 19:50:46 UTC 2010

Dear friends and family,
December 18, 2010

We are later than usual in getting out our updates and holiday wishes.  Hope
we find you all happy, healthy, and looking forward to the new year.

Francisco's big news is a new job.  He has switched over to the
Electrophysiologic (EP)  Lab.   He likes the move and can get a nicer start
time with it.  He still takes calls with the cath lab.  Has been studying
tons of material.  Kind of feel like he has gone back to school.

            Patti has been writing the new Chicago Building Code (2 volumes)
for most of this year.  She still supervises and gets to court sometimes but
not as much as she wants.  Her big news is an appointment to the National
Federation of the Blind (NFB) scholarship committee as its chair.  The NFB
gives away more than $122,000 in this program so it is a big responsibility.

John continues at University of Illinois as a sophomore and is considering a
major in English/secondary education which would train him to teach English
at the high school level.  He is pleased with his recent grades and has
settled in at U of I.    In fact he is coming home today for Winter break.
Mom and dad can't wait.

Julia is a sophomore at Whitney Young Magnet High School.  She is in choir
and is lobbying for a new piano.  She plans to work over this coming summer.
She has an active social life and just reminded mom that she will be 15 this
coming summer.

            Above is a picture from Little Gerry's wedding.  Yes, he is
married.  Gerry's little boy is hitched.  It is still amazing.

Love to all of you.

Happy Holidays and best of the New Year.

Francisco, Patti, Johnathon, and Julia

P.S. Text the word BLIND to 85944 to donate $10 to the NFB Imagination Fund
via your phone bill.

P.S.S.  National Federation of the Blind of Illinois is now on twitter at
www.twitter.com/nfbi.
We also have a facebook page.  Just search for our full name.

Patti Gregory-Chang, Esq.
Chairperson, NFB Scholarship Committee
scholarships at nfb.org
President, National Federation of the Blind of Illinois
pattichang at att.net
www.nfbofillinois.org