[blindlaw] The CIL's Advocacy Blog has some new, easy to remember addresses -- and some new Advocacy Committees -- Visit and get involved

Marc Dubin mdubin at pobox.com
Fri Feb 12 09:41:44 UTC 2010

2/12/10:

The CIL of South Florida's Advocacy Blog is a way to stay informed, and to get involved. Visit www.adaadvocacyblog.org<http://www.adaadvocacyblog.org> or www.ciladvocacyblog.org<http://www.ciladvocacyblog.org>. Please link to us. Please tell others.

We also have formed Advocacy Committees. Join a Committee, and get involved. Visit http://cilsfla.blogspot.com/2010/02/advocacy-committeesworking-groups.html

Marc

Marc Dubin, Esq.
Director of Advocacy, Center for Independent Living of South Florida
www.ciladvocacyblog.org
www.dvsacblog.org
mdubin at pobox.com<mailto:mdubin at pobox.com>
Mobile: 305-896-3000
Fax: 877-731-3030
Former Senior Trial Attorney, U.S. Department of Justice
Civil Rights Division, Disability Rights Section-  1993-2005   www.ada.gov<http://www.ada.gov/>
Former Special Counsel, Office on Violence Against Women, USDOJ
Founder & Executive Director, CAVNET    www.cavnet.org<http://www.cavnet.org/>

Available for consultation on matters involving the Americans with Disabilities Act or on matters involving violence against women

"Several years ago, I worked with Marc in resolving a complaint against a local arts organization concerning accessibility. I found Marc to be thoroughly professional, an expert on the ADA, and a fine example of what an attorney advocating for his client can accomplish." Betty Siegel, Director of Accessibility at the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, Washington, D.C.

"We appreciate your passion ...  We see you as a partner and a friend for all the feedback that you have given us..." Marriott Hotel

"Marc's style of negotiation is excellent. He offers concerns and information about possible violations of the law, time and time again, challenging one to improve services to people with disabilities and providing the tools and contacts to do so.... I have found him to be thoroughly professional, well-informed, very well-connected, and an asset to my efforts to enhance services to the disability community...."
Joe Kocy, formerly the Broward County Administrator's Special Assistant for Housing