[blindlaw] Hello/introduction

Beth thebluesisloose at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 23:53:10 UTC 2010

Hello, my name is Beth Taurasi.  I am totally blind from birth and
studying social work at Florida State University.  I have some legal
questions though as my college experience has been hampered by some
things.  First, my parents incapacitated me when I was seventeen.
They did it supposedly out of "love", but it has proven to be very
hard to live with and a big distraction.  Second, the incapacitation
and resulting guardianship has allowed the family to get nosy about my
rehabilitation case.  I am wondering how to go about the Suggestion of
Capacity form in Florida, statute 744.464.  I've done quite a bit of
legal homework, and can't find an attorney at this point.  If any of
you are interested, I'd like to know if there are any cases like mine
and what happened and what was the result.  How could I go about
getting rid of this thing?  Thanks, guys.
Beth Taurasi