[blindlaw] SSA Will Provide Accessible Media Of Your choice, not Email

Fred Wright Lopez fwlopez at comcast.net
Fri Jan 8 04:30:51 UTC 2010

I received from the Social Security Administration the notification described in Chela Robles email (via David Andrews).  The SSA notice provided the options described in Ms Roble's email.  Unfortunately, there was NO LARGE PRINT OPTION OFFERED.    Although legally blind, I and I would suggest many others prefer to receive large print SSA Notices.   I called teh SSSA number provided int heir correspondence and the SSA Representative acknowledged the lack of this option, advised that their office had received other calls also pointing out this oversight.  The SSA Representative after checking with her supervisor stated she could go into the system and make a special entry indicating my desire for large print SSA notices.   Perhaps others on this list with more knowledge of the ACB vs SSA litigation can shed some light on this issue.

Fred Wright Lopez