[blindlaw] petition

WB mruniverse08 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 12 18:38:18 UTC 2010

So a person who lives in a state that does not have a NFB center should have
to pay their own way to one of these facilities?  Last time I checked, if a
person is at the stage that they need to go to one of these, they are
probably at the beginning of their blindness.  Therefore they are not
working and have no money.  This was my situation.  Fortunately, I didn't
have to go to a facility because I had a great support system.  But there
are those who need the service.  I'm not sure whether the costs are
different for the various centers...but it seems to me if NFB won't do
anything to assist a person, then they probably aren't truly about educating
the blind to live independently...And I still say that states need to
prioritize or else there will be a lot of blind people not able to work,
live alone etc.

Again, I understand what you're saying but I don't think our two ideas
should be independent of one another.  If any state government isn't able to
reorient in times of recession, the people of that state need to elect some
new people.