[blindlaw] Serving on Juries

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Sat Jul 10 05:20:16 UTC 2010

Joe:

To a certain extent, it does depend upon the judges and attorneys. And, at
least in Washington state, any attorney is allowed two peremptory challenges
during the voie dire process so one might get booted from a potential jury
without being able to question the reason. However, in the one case on whose
jury I served, I was not challenged during the voie dire and the only
questions from the defense attorney were whether I had handled firearms (it
was a reckless endangerment case) and was mildly surprised when I said that
I had. Other than that, I had no trouble.

Mike