[blindlaw] Introduction

L A Mendez lmendez at twcny.rr.com
Wed Jul 28 02:57:36 UTC 2010

Since I have already responded to a post, I would like to formally introduce
myself.  I am Luis Mendez. I am a Senior Deputy County Attorney for Onondaga
County, New York.   I am responsible for the County's  environmental legal
work.   Onondaga County is a diverse municipality with a highly developed
urban area, extensive suburban development and large tracks of agricultural
lands. My particular areas of expertees are in clean water and superfund
litigation . I have also  done some civil rights work, and spent my first
seven years in practice  as a Legal Services attorney.

When I entered law school my intention was to become a legal advocate for
people with disabilities.   Although that did not come to pass, however, I
have been fortunate to be able to devote personal time to the effort.