[blindlaw] question

ckrugman at sbcglobal.net ckrugman at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jul 31 06:01:14 UTC 2010

I doubt that it would hold up in any state. Incompetence refers generally to
a person who is mentally ill or severely disabled enough where they are not
comprehending or able to take care of their lives. In many states a person
would have to be placed on conservatorship and there are specific
requirements today regarding conservatorships such as the due process that
is required for a potential conservatee to go through such as the
appointment of an attornehy and a hearing. At least that is how it is here
in California and it was pretty much the same when I lived in Michigan.
chuck Krugman, M.S.W., Paralegal
1237 P Street
Fresno ca 93721
559-266-9237