[blindlaw] I need to inform those who live in NYC or who will be traveling in the next few months:

William ODonnell william.odonnell1 at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 7 16:27:43 UTC 2010

I need to inform all blind New Yorkers and those who may be traveling to New York City in the future, that the Metropolitan Transportation Authority (MTA) will implement two new express bus lanes on 1ST and 2nD avenue from Houston Street to 125TH Street in October.  Users will not be able to utilize metro-cards.  They will need to use the specified digital machines to purchase there boarding passes.  In addition, The TA will continue to close all booths in the subway stations forcing users to have to purchase metro-cards the same way shutting out blind and print disabled travelers.  They implemented the Braille on the machines; however, the screens are digital and the headphone slots provided for use by the blind do not actually work providing the accessible audio feedback as to what is on the screen.