[blindlaw] Accessibility and Thoughts About the Government Sector

Joe Orozco jsorozco at gmail.com
Sun Jun 27 02:31:39 UTC 2010

Dear all,

Please forgive the slightly off-topic post.  Yet, I feel as though there is
a decent collection of government employees here and hope someone will have
some leads.  I've recently received a conditional job offer to work as an
intelligence analyst.  As I am only at the beginning of my background check,
it is too early to tell whether or not the offer will become official, but
in the meantime I am curious to hear about:

1) your experience and/or satisfaction working for the federal government;
and

2) any contacts you might be able to pass along who could generally share a
little of their experience in this specific role.

I am curious about accessibility in the workplace and general responsiveness
to accessibility concerns.  I'm also curious about overall career thoughts
and aspirations.  Completely changing my profession and the sector where I
currently work is a significant decision, and I'm hoping to gather as much
information as possible so that I can decide whether to continue pursuing
this area.

Thanks much in advance,

Joe Orozco